The Stoughton Public Library strives to provide a welcoming environment with a diverse collection of materials, educational services, and enrichment programs for all ages, backgrounds, and abilities. The Library serves as an integral part of the community, providing an opportunity for all to inform and educate themselves, promoting life-long learning, recreational reading, and cultural advancement.
The Stoughton Public Library seeks to:
- Maintain an environment of intellectual freedom which welcomes all and satisfies the needs of users of diverse ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Provide an opportunity for all to inform and educate themselves.
- Promote life-long learning, recreational reading, and cultural advancement.
- Provide a diverse collection of materials, educational services and enrichment programs of interest to the entire community.
- Support the Library Bill of Rights, and the Freedom to Read and Freedom to View statements of the American Library Association.
The Stoughton Board of Library Trustees approves and updates the policies linked below to facilitate the mission of the Stoughton Public Library.