View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday through Wednesday – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday – 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday – 8:30 a.m. to Noon
How to Reach Us
Reminder: Dog Licenses Are Due Monday May 2nd, 2022
ORGANIZATIONAL & CAUCUS MEETING INFORMATION
Organizational & Caucus will be held on Thursday April 28th, 2022 at the O'Donnell Middle School Cafeteria 211 Cushing Street at 7:00 pm
Anyone who is interested or know anyone who is interested, there are still seats available for:
Precinct 1 - Seven (7) Open 1-Year Seats Available
Precinct 2 - One (1) Open 1-Year Seat Available
Precinct 3 - Four (4) Open 1-Year Seat Available
Precinct 5 - Four (4) Open 1-Year Available
Precinct 6 - One (1) Open 2-Year Available & Seven (7) Open I-Year Available
Precinct 7 - Four (4) Open 2-Year Available & Seven (7) Open 1-Year Available
Precinct 8 - Five (5) Open 1-Year Seat Available
Any questions, comments or concerns please contact the Town Clerks Office at:
781-341-1300 x 9103, x 9215 or x 9224.
Please make every effort to attend.
All Birth/Death/Marriage & Dog License Requests can be submitted either by mail or in person at Town Hall. You can pay by cash or check or if mailing in your request, a bank check or money order is required. Requests that are mailed may take up to 3 to 5 business days to process.
If you need to apply for a marriage license, please call for an appointment. Appointments are Thursdays ONLY. Our number is 781-341-1300 x 9103, 9215 or 9224.
If you have any questions or concerns on any item listed or if there is anything our office can assist you with, our phone numbers and emails are:
Stephanie Carrara, CMC/MMC Town Clerk at: 781-341-1300 x 9224 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kellie Johnson, Assistant Town Clerk at: 781-341-1300 x 9103 or by email: email@example.com
Samantha Rego, Senior Clerk II at: 781-341-1300 x 9215 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance and stay safe.
The mission of the Town Clerk’s Office is to uphold the integrity of the Town’s democratic process, to maintain and preserve public records, and to act in the best interest of the community by providing innovative, efficient, quality service.
- Issues state licenses: marriage licenses, raffle/bazaar permits, Las Vegas Night permits.
- Issues county and town licenses: dog and kennel licenses, burial permits, business certificates, auctioneer licenses, and fuel storage permits.
Public Information Officer:
- Responds to inquiries from the general public and facilitator with various departments.
- Provides knowledge and assistance in a fair and impartial manner to all.
- The Town Clerk’s Office serves as the central information point for local residents and citizens at large.
Public Records Officer:
- Administers and records all oaths of office.
- Posts meetings of all governmental bodies.
- Responsible for informing all elected and appointed officials of the State’s Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Laws.
- Provides access to public records.
- Maintains municipal laws (Town Code).
- Responsible for submittal of new by-laws to the State Attorney General for approval.
- Records and certifies all official actions of the Town, including town meeting legislation and appropriations, Planning and Zoning Board decisions.
- Certifies all notes for borrowing and is the keeper of the Town Seal.
- Records all pole locations approved by the Selectmen.
Registrar of Vital Records:
- Registers all vital events (births, deaths, marriages and adoptions) occurring within the community and those events occurring elsewhere to Stoughton residents.
- Records and preserves original vital records providing the basis for the Commonwealth’s central vital registration system.
- Provides certified copies of vital records and assists with genealogical research.
Voter Registration and Chief Election Official:
- Conducts all town, state and federal elections and certifies nomination papers and initiative petitions.
- Assists voters interested in running for public office.
- Supervises voter registration and absentee balloting.
- Conducts annual town census, annual street lists and assists the Jury Commissioner with the preparation of the Jury List.
- Assists the Secretary of the Commonwealth with maintaining the Commonwealth’s Central Voter Registry
|Stephanie Carrara, CMC/MMC||Town Clerk||X9224|
|Kellie Johnson||Asst. Town Clerk||X9103|
|Samantha Rego||Senior Clerk II||X9215|