Stoughton COA Exercise - ALL WELCOME!
*Exercise Program Passes - 12 Class pass for $25 $2.50 punch per class and includes two free classes with no expiration; and a Monthly Pass for $25 that expires at the end of the month. Passes are required to participate. First class is free for new students. The instructor will punch the pass at the start of class. Use your COA pass on Wednesdays at the Stoughton YMCA for Fitness Activities. Passes will not be punched at the YMCA.
- *Forever Fit Wednesday 9:15AM AW
- Movin & Groovin Tuesday, 5:00PM Bring a donation for the Stoughton food pantry. AW
- *Senior Fitness Tuesday & Thursday 9:15AM. AW
- *Strength Training Monday & Wednesday 2:00PM. AW
- *Tai Chi Monday 10:30AM. AW
- Walking Club Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 AM. Meet at the cul-de-sac on Lowe Avenue. Call Kathy McDonnell at 781-344-3518 for more information.
- Bananagrams Monday 3:00PM.
- BINGO Tuesday Doors open at 12PM. BINGO is open for seniors from Stoughton, Avon, Brockton, Canton, Easton, Randolph and Sharon. Pass required.
- Duplicate Bridge Friday 10:30AM.
Social and Instructional
- Birthday Party Tuesday, 11:30AM. See calendar for date. Cake provided by Friends for Seniors.
- Breakfast Club Friday 9:30AM See calendar for location. Call the COA for reservations. Transportation. SRO
- Bunny’s Ladies Breakfast 3rd Thursday 8:30AM. $7/$9
- Come Color Every Tuesday, 10:30AM. Join the coloring craze. It’s a great way to relax.
- Help Center by Appointment
- Knitting and Crocheting Learn how to knit & crochet. Thursday, 10:30AM.
- Movie Friday 9:30 and 11:30AM (One 11:00AM show only for longer movies) $1. Call by Thursday at 4PM for reservations. No one is admitted after the movie has started. Seating is limited.
- Quilting Thursday 10:30AM Some sewing experience necessary.
If you are a Stoughton resident and if any of our fees for programs or events are a hardship for you, please call Robin at 781-344-8882.
Hosted by Bunny Kirchdorfer. Ladies are welcome to attend on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 8:30AM. Various topics will be discussed chosen by the group. Breakfast is $7/$9 per person. Seating is limited. Please call to make your reservation.
Old Colony Elderly Services Lunch and Meals on Wheels
OCES serves lunch at the Senior Center at 11:00AM $2.50 donation. Kitchen hours are 7:30AM-12:00PM. Call a week in advance for reservations or they may be able to accommodate with three days notice. Call Stacey at 781-344-8882 Ext. 9516. Call Old Colony Elder Services at 508-584-1561 for home delivery. Click here for more information.
Volunteers are available to assist you with learning how to use your cell phone, tablet, Kindle or laptop. Appointments are available and we are pleased to offer group lessons and individual lessons.
Smoke/CO Detectors Installation Program
The Stoughton Council on Aging and Stoughton Fire Department will be installing Smoke/CO Detectors for Stoughton seniors. Smoke/CO Detectors have been provided by the American Red Cross. Please call the COA to make an appointment for installation. There is no charge for this program.
Senior Tax Relief Program
The Senior Tax Relief Program allows Stoughton homeowners who are 60 years and older, the opportunity to earn up to a $750.00 property tax abatement by working up to 84 hours in one of the town departments.
- Income Limit $45,000 if single
- Married Income of no more than $60,000.
- Assets of no more than $100,000 (primary residence not included).
Applications are available at the The Stoughton Council on Aging/Senior Center, 110 Rockland Street, Stoughton.
For more information, please call Carolyn at 781-344-8882 Ext. 9510
- Medical Transportation Service
- Grocery Shopping: Tuesday mornings 8:00AM. Call before Tuesday to make your reservation for transportation.
- Notary A: Notary is available at the Senior Center by appointment. Stoughton Residents Only.
- TRIAD: 11:00AM Meets quarterly. Run by the Norfolk County Sheriff’s Office, working with local councils on aging, police and fire to put senior citizens in touch with any and all pertinent public safety and social service organizations in their area.
- 2nd Thursday 12PM. SRO.
- Bereavement Group Every Monday, 11:00AM.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society Meeting 3rd Thursday. 1:00PM. Call Gayle Soule 508-400-0869 or Brian Paul 508-674-3506.
- Vision Group 1st Monday, 9:30AM Sharon Community Center. Transportation is available.
- Blood Pressure Clinic Stoughton Visiting Nurses Every Thursday at the Senior Center 10:30AM.
- Foot Care for Seniors 9:00AM-1:00PM 1st Monday $28 Provided by nurses trained in the needs of the elderly. Call for an appointment. At home foot care $45.
Amy Corwin Russell and Linda Rodrigues can help with Health Information, Welfare Assistance, Pharmacy Assistance, Fuel Assistance and SNAP (Food Stamps).
Serving Health Insurance Needs of Everyone
A SHINE Counselor is available for those who need assistance with Health Insurance. 781-344-8882 Ext. 9489.