View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Stoughton Council on Aging/Senior Center Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Thursday 7:00AM to 7:00PM ▪ Friday 7:00AM to 12:00PM
Town of Stoughton Medical Transportation Service - Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:00AM - 3:30PM(last ride home at 2:45PM) & Friday, 8:00AM - 1:00PM(last ride home at 11AM)
Stoughton senior citizens age 60+ and adults with disabilities are encouraged to use our Medical Transportation Service. Medical Transportation including wheelchair transport is available to Avon, Brockton, Canton, Easton, Randolph, Sharon and Stoughton. The fee for transportation is $2.50 each way. Tickets are sold 6 rides for $15 and 12 rides for $30. All passengers must have a ticket when boarding.
If the fee is a financial hardship, please call Robin at the COA.
All passengers must wear a mask. In the event of inclement weather we may have to cancel or delay transportation we will send a robo call to your phone number on file and leave a detailed message on our answering service. We will do everything possible to keep you informed. Call 781-344-8882 and ask for Transportation.
How to Reach Us
Ideas for new activities or trips are always welcome! Please see our monthly newsletter for more information- https://mycommunityonline.com/organization/stoughton-council-on-aging
Stoughton Council on Aging/Senior Center Transportation and Activities Pass
This new Punch Pass will be used for Transportation and all Senior Center Activities. Each punch is $2.50. Some activities are 2 Punches or more. Passes are 12 Punches for $25 (includes two free) and 10 Punches for $15.
If you are a Stoughton resident and if any of our fees for programs or events are a hardship for you, please call Robin at 781-344-8882.
Stoughton COA Exercise
At the Senior Center, we offer a variety of fitness classes with certified instructors, designed to meet the needs of participants of all fitness levels. Almost every class offered can be modified to meet your individual needs and still provide a great workout! We now offer FREE rides to the Senior Center for exercise classes.
- Tai Chi with Vince Jornales Monday 10:30 AM, Excellent low impact exercise that promotes decreased stress and better health. 2 Punches on the Pass.
- Gentle Yoga with Judy Potts Wednesday 10:30 AM, Stretch and relax in this gentle yoga workout routine. 1 Punch on the Pass. *First class free! Class also available on SMAC Cable TV.
- Forever Young and Fit with Deb Monday & Wednesday 9:30 AM ,Strength training, flexibility, endurance and balance. Chairs will be used at times. 1 Punch on the Pass. *First class free!
- Zumba Gold with Ruth Karemelin-Bice 1st & 3rd Thursdays at the COA, 5:00 PM and Tuesday classes at 2:00 PM at the Stoughton YMCA. Bring a donation for the Stoughton Food Pantry.
- Walking Club meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 AM at the Cul-de-sac on Lowe Avenue in Stoughton. The walk is about 1 1/2 miles.
- Balance and other Exercise with Steve Avellino. 6 Week Classes $42. Pre-registration is required.
To confirm times, dates, and prices check the Calendar or COA News on the Home Page.
- Beginning Wednesday December 7th - Wednesday Game Day! Meet up with others who like to play Scrabble or Canasta! 1:00PM-3:00PM
- Bananagrams Monday 12:15PM.
- BINGO Tuesday Doors open at 11:30AM. BINGO is open for seniors from Stoughton, Avon, Brockton, Canton, Easton, Randolph and Sharon.
- Beginner Mah Jong Monday 12:30PM This is instructional and other players will teach you how to play. If you have a Mah Jong set, please bring it along.
The Library at the COA has books and puzzles available to borrow. Books are arranged on the shelves by the Author's last name. Our Library is maintained by a COA Volunteer.
Social and Instructional
- Drawing and Painting Wednesday 10:30AM 2 Punches on the Pass.
- Breakfast Club 2nd Friday Beantown Diner 9:00AM. Call the COA for reservations.
- Bunny’s Ladies Breakfast Hosted by Bunny Kirchdorfer. Breakfast Buffet and Speaker. Monthly. Call COA for dates and times.
- Electronics Help Center Call 781-344-8882 Ext. 9510. Volunteers are available to assist you with learning how to use your cell phone, tablet, Kindle or laptop. Appointments are available every Thursday in December and we are pleased to offer both individual and group lessons. For information please call 781-344-8882 or email Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beginner Mah Jong Monday 12:30PM. This is instructional and other players will teach you how to play. If you have a Mah Jong set, please bring it along.
- Quilting Thursday 11:00AM. Some sewing experience is necessary.
- Banangrams Monday 12:15PM.
- Short Story Book Group 3rd Tuesday 11:00AM. Copies of each month's story are available at The COA.
- Coloring Tuesday 10:00AM.
Bunny’s Ladies Breakfast
Hosted by Bunny Kirchdorfer. Breakfast Buffet and Speaker. Monthly, call COA for dates and times.
Old Colony Elderly Services Lunch and Meals on Wheels
OCES serves lunch at the Senior Center at Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 11:00AM. $2.50 donation. Kitchen hours are 7:30AM-12:00PM.
Please call Stacey at 781-344-8882 Ext. 9516 a week in advance for reservations or they may be able to accommodate with three days notice.
For home delivery, please call OCES 508-584-1561.
Electronics Help Center
Volunteers are available to assist you with learning how to use your cell phone, tablet, Kindle or laptop. Appointments are available and we are pleased to offer both individual and group lessons. For information please call 781-344-8882 or email Carolyn at email@example.com.
Senior Tax Relief Program
The Senior Tax Relief Program allows Stoughton homeowners who are 60 years and older, the opportunity to earn up to a $750.00 property tax abatement by working up to 55 hours in one of the town departments.
- Income Limit $45,000 if single.
- Married Income of no more than $60,000.
- Assets of no more than $100,000 (primary residence not included).
Applications are available at the The Stoughton COA
For more information, please contact Carolyn at 781-344-8882 Ext. 9510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medical Transportation Service.
- Grocery Shopping: Tuesday mornings 7:30AM and 11:00 AM. 2 punches on Pass.Call to make your reservation for transportation.
- Notary: Deb LeBlanc at The Stoughton Town Hall 781-341-1300 Ext. 9212 and Gayle Bellotti, Coordinator, Senior Programs at Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office, both provide notary services. Gail will meet you in their Canton at the office or at the Stoughton COA. 781-830-4920.
- Blood Pressure Clinic with The Stoughton VNA Thursday at 10:30AM.
Food Pantry Delivery Delivery from the St. Anthony’s Free Market on Park Avenue is available on the second Thursday of the month for Stoughton senior residents and disabled residents that do not drive. Call 781-344-8882 in advance to make delivery arrangements.
- Bereavement Group Thursday, 11:30AM. Call Teresa Tapper at 781-344-8882 Ext. 9453.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society Meeting 3rd Thursday, 1:00PM. Call Gayle Soule 508-400-0869 for more information.
- Alzheimer & Dementia Caregiver Support Group 3rd Monday 11:45AM
- Blood Pressure Clinic with The Stoughton Visiting Nurses Thursday at the Senior Center 10:30AM.
- Foot Care for Seniors 9:00AM 1st Monday $35. Provided by nurses trained in the needs of the elderly. Call 781-344-8882 for an appointment.
- At Home Foot Care $50. Call Maureen at 617-775-6198.
- Haircut at Home Call Julie at 857-266-6721.
Amy Corwin Russell, Medical Social Worker, LCSW and Linda Rodrigues, Bilingual (Portuguese) can help with Health Information, Welfare Assistance, Pharmacy Assistance, Fuel Assistance and SNAP (Food Stamps).
Serving Health Insurance Needs of Everyone
Call Shine at 1-800-231-1155 for assistance with health insurance.
You can also search for a Shine Counselor online at SHINE.
Medicare Open Enrollment is from October 15th-December 7th. Click here for more information.