What you’ll need:
- A completed LTC/FID application
- A COPY of your Firearms Safety Certificate
- Three Proofs of Residency with name and address (ie: utility bills, tax bills, mortgage statement, etc.).
- A COPY of your Birth Certificate or naturalization papers. A COPY of your passport may be submitted in lieu of a Birth Certificate.
- Two letters of reference which must include the author’s name, address, and phone number.
- Payment in the form of a money order, cashier’s check, personal check, or cash (although cash is not desired). See fees below.
- If applying for an FID and under 18 must also have a letter from parent/guardian giving permission.
License to Carry Firearms $100
Firearms Identification Card $100
Firearms Identification Card - applicants under 18 years old $25
Please visit https://www.mass.gov/firearms-services for forms or additional information.
Please have copies of all required paperwork prepared prior to your appointment.
When all above requirements are met call (781)232-9373 or (781)344-2424 to make an appointment. Be aware that due to the volume of applicants and workload the Firearms Licensing Officers have become very bogged down. Please be patient.