This is an Emergency Weather Alert from the Town of Stoughton to residents and businesses. The National Weather Service (NWS) is forecasting a strong coastal storm starting early Tuesday morning that will bring accumulating snow of at least 12 inches and high wind gusts to the Town of Stoughton throughout Tuesday. We are asking residents to assist us as follows:
- Only emergencies should be reported to 911. We repeat that only emergencies should be reported to 911 so not to overburden Central Dispatch.
- To report any power outages to National Grid, please call 1-800-465-1212. Once again we are asking residents and businesses to report any power outages to National Grid at 1-800-465-1212. Without such notification, National Grid will not have you on a list to restore power.
- To report any power outages to Eversource, please call 1-800-592-2000. Once again we are asking residents and businesses to report any power outages to Eversource at 1-800-592-2000. Without such notification, Eversource will not have you on a list to restore power.
- There will be a mandatory parking ban on all streets from March 13th at 6 AM through March 14th at 12 PM.
- Curbside Trash & Recycling for Tuesday, March 13th will be cancelled this week. Please place trash and recycling out next week on your respective trash day. A trash truck will be available at the DPW Facility 950 Central Street, Wednesday, March 14th between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3 PM.
- Curbside Trash and Recycling Pickup for Wednesday, March 14 is to be determined.
- Warming center(s) and electronic recharge stations will be opened as needed.
- All Town Offices will be closed March 13th
The Town will continue to provide updates to residents and businesses as needed throughout the Storm Event. Please continue to monitor www.StoughtonEMA.org for continuous storm updates.