The Capital and Financial Plan Advisory Committee shall be an advisory committee to the Board of Selectmen for fulfilling its duties under the Town Charter to annually prepare a program and a long-term financial plan for the Town.
- To advise the Town Manager and Board of Selectmen concerning the development and implementation of a (minimum) 3-year financial plan for the Town as required by Articles 3 and 4 of the Town Charter by:
- Assisting the Town Manager to prepare an initial financial plan that identifies capital needs, sets priorities for capital expenditure requests to present to Town Meeting, and reconciles funding capital needs with meeting ongoing operating expenses;
- Ensuring that the overall capital and operating needs for the various town departments are addressed in a single presentation that reconciles the needs of municipal and school departments;
- Recommending policies and procedures to promote all town departments to forecast capital needs and request capital appropriations in a timely manner;
- Formulating a template for revising the initial financial plan annually;
- To recommend to the Board of Selectmen policies and procedures the Committee may find, in its work, would improve communications on financial matters with the Committee on Finance and Taxation and to Town Meeting to expedite consideration of operating and capital budget requests.
- To make recommendations to the Board of Selectmen concerning capital expenditures, including priorities and funding sources (i.e., cash payment, bonding, grants, combination thereof, etc.) set out in the Town Manager’s proposed budget as submitted to the Board of Selectmen for fiscal year 2014.
- To make recommendations to the Board of Selectmen concerning capital expenditures, including priorities and funding sources (i.e., cash payment, bonding, grants, combination thereof, etc.) as contained in petitioned warrant articles for fiscal year 2014.
- To advise the Board of Selectmen concerning the need for a permanent capital and financial plan advisory committee.
|Debra Roberts||Vice Chairman|