How do I apply for a job with the town?

Generally speaking, job openings are advertised in the Stoughton Pennysaver and the appropriate professional publications. More specifically:

  • Police and Fire - Stoughton is a Civil Service community. Applicants must apply to Civil Service and successfully pass an examination. Applications for Civil Service exams are available in the:
    Town Manager's Office
    10 Pearl Street
    Stoughton, MA 02072
  • Public Works - The Public Works Department is also Civil Service. Applications are available at the:
    Public Works Office
    950 Central Street
    Stoughton, MA 02072

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a license issued by the Select Board?
2. How do I obtain an appointment to be on the Select Board's Agenda?
3. When does the Select Board meet?
4. How do I apply for a job with the town?
5. When does the Finance Committee meet?