- Firearms Licensing - New Applicant
Firearms Licensing - New Applicant
New Applicant Instructions
What you'll need:
- A completed LTC/FID application (PDF)
- A completed Notice to Firearms Licensing Applicants (PDF)
- A copy of your Basic Firearms Safety Certificate.
- Three proofs of residency showing name and address (ie: utility bills, tax bills, mortgage statement, etc.)
- A copy of your birth certificate or passport, a certificate of naturalization (if applicable), or green card (if applicable)
- Payment in the form of a money order, cashier's check, personal check, cash, or credit card (a $2.95 fee applies) can be made at the time of the in-person appointment. See fee schedule at the bottom of the page.
- If applying for an FID and under 18 must also have a permission letter from your parent or guardian.
When all required paperwork has been gathered please submit via email to Stoughton Firearms prior to your appointment in order to expedite the application process. Submitting your paperwork via email will reduce your in-person appointment time and expedite the overall process.
Once your paperwork has been submitted via email please schedule your appointment through the SignupGenius website by entering Firearms@stoughton-ma.gov in the search field. Through this link you can pick an appointment date and time that best suits your availability. This is the preferred method for new firearms licensing applicants.
If you are unable to submit your paperwork via email and/or unable to schedule an appointment through the SignupGenius website (the preferred methods) please mail or drop off your paperwork in an enclosed envelope to:
Stoughton Police Department
Attention: Firearms Licensing
26 Rose Street
Stoughton, MA 02072
New applicants submitting applications and documents by mail or drop off can then use our iPad located in the police station lobby in order to sign up for an appointment.
Submitted documents are retained by the Stoughton Police Department and will not be returned to the applicant.
- License to Carry Firearms: $100
- Firearms Identification Card: $100
- Firearms Identification Card - Applicants Under 18: $25
Please visit the Massachusetts Firearms Services website for additional information.