Curbside recycling collection is provided twice per month, for more information please contact Department of Public Works (DPW) at 781-344-2112. The DPW has free recyclables stickers to place on any size container, up to 32 gallons for Curbside Recyclables pick-up. Recycle Stickers available at 950 Central Street Monday through Friday 7 am to 3:30 pm. Free small bins are also available.
Acceptable materials for recycle are to be separated and placed in containers loose as follows:
- No plastic bags
- No Straws
- No Styrofoam
Commingle containers consist of:
- Aluminum cans
- Aluminum foil
- Aluminum trays
- Glass bottles (any color)
- Stiff plastic (1 through 5, 7)
- MUST BE RINSED AND FREE OF FOOD
Curbside newsprint containers consist of:
- Phone books
- Junk mail
- Paperback books
- Cereal and cracker boxes
- Tissue boxes
- Paper towel/toilet paper rolls
- Corrugated Cardboard- must be cut and flattened. Remove any food remnants.
Ways to Recycle
- Small Recycling Bin: Use small recycling bin provided by DPW. Please do not overfill the bin to avoid spills on the ground.
- Trash Can to a Recycling Bin: You may adhesive recycling sticker obtain from DPW on the trash can 32 gallons or less. Please contact DPW to request for a recycling sticker
The Recycling Center/ Transfer Station is open to residents who pay for sanitation services and get their trash collected by the PWD. Saturdays 8-4
- All recyclables must originate from within the Town of Stoughton.
- Be prepared to show proof of residency upon arrival.
- No commercial vehicles or haulers are allowed.
- No vehicle larger than a ½ -ton pickup truck will be allowed.
- Leaves and grass clippings only are accepted at the Recycling Center and not at curbside.
- Bins are available for commingle and newspapers
Metal household appliances are accepted at the recycling center or curbside with appointment (stoves, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, etc.). Refrigerators and freezers must have doors removed and placed beside it. Lawnmowers must have oil and gas removed.
Battery Recycling Information
Helpful Recycling Info