The Capital and Financial Plan Advisory Committee shall have five (5) members and be appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Citizens with training, education and experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, business planning and related fields shall be encouraged to apply. The Selectmen shall invite recommendations for the appointments from the School Committee and Committee on Finance and Taxation.
- The Town Manager shall be a member, ex officio.
- The Superintendent of Schools shall be invited to be a member, ex officio.
Organization and Charge to the Committee:
- The Committee shall be appointed on or before August 15, 2012 and hold its organizational meeting on or before September 1, 2012.
- The Town Manager shall include a progress report for the Committee’s work in the Town Manger’s reports to the Board of Selectmen.
- The Committee shall report on items 1 and 2 in the Purpose section as soon as possible, but no later than December 1, 2012.
- The Committee shall report on items 3 through 5 in the Purposes section as soon as possible after submission of the Town Manager’s budget recommendations and the deadline for filing petitions for warrant articles, but not later than January 20, 2013.
- The terms of appointment for this Committee shall expire upon dissolution of the 2013 Annual Town Meeting unless otherwise extended.